Friday, August 31, 2012

MEET SAMMY and Slappy JR

Sammy
Slappy Jr
The very top one with no hair is the very first ventriloquist figure that I had ever completed! I learned how to make puppets from the Mike Brose book "PUPPET MAKING CAN BE FUN"... Rather it was fun or not was a mater of opinion with this first one! LOL! It was more of anger issues from mistakes but once I got the hang of it, then it became fun!

The second one I was attempting to make the Goosebumps puppet named Slappy; the horrible evil puppet! As we can see it didn't turn out the way I expected but it still turned out to be a pretty nice figure from the all out view, especially with it being the second puppet I ever made! None of the puppets I make are conversion puppets from the original 13 that's like Charlie McCarthy, Danny O' Day and the original ones, I sculpt all my puppets from clean clay and carve them into the figures that I think I want them to look like then make a mold of them for when I do start a site on the web so I can make multiples. At this time I am only selling on ebay until I get enough puppets that I feel comfortable making a site with! Not that there is anything at all wrong with conversion puppets because I see quite a few that I would love to have in my collection later on when I have the funds to get them!

No comments:

Post a Comment